Baking bread in Morocco is an integral part of Moroccan cooking life. No meal can be served and considered complete without bread. The bread making is that unique bread making experience which allows the learner to have a better understanding about how local bread is made from working out dough till it is being baked in the clay oven ( Fourna) Join the locals in Onsar village and let them show you traditional breads with techniques that have been passed down the generations.
From working out dough in clay potter ( Gasaa) till having dough bread baked in clay oven heated up with the woods that have been used for hundreds of years you will learn many skills and techniques of baking bread art that you never forget
On arrival you are served a mint tea when you will meet your bread constructor companied with a translator who they will take you for an exceptional traditional bread making experience full of knowledge about Moroccan cuisine and fun. Then it’s time to roll up your sleeves and get ready to make bread.
After you have done baking, you will get a chance to eat your own baked bread with a local homemade meal by setting down with your host and family members around the table . Now it’s time for you to learn how to eat like the locals.
The whole baking bread in Rif eco experience takes around 2-3 hours along which you will be able to learn other sorts of Moroccan crisps ( Maloui) : a stuffed crisp with vegetable and regular one as a gift from the chef.
Included in your Eco Experience:
- Moroccan tea on arrival and with the meal
- Traditional baking bread in Rif eco experience taught by a local woman.
- A local English speaking host who will translate and assist during your baking bread in Rif eco experience.
- Extra bread to take away with you.
- Drinking Water (filtered drinking water will be provided)
Not included in your Eco Experience:
- Other meals and drinks not mentioned above.
- Transfers to/from your baking bread location
- please contact us if you would like to include this option)